Gods & Monsters -> stand up!
Gods and
Monsters

November 1950. Chilly, with light flurries. Full moon: 24th.

Welcome to Gods and Monsters! We are an au-Riddle Era roleplay with no word count and a short, freeform application.
07.15 Need a thread? Have an open that hasn't been taken? Come stop by the open thread area!

07.01 You can now bump your want ads.

07.01 NOVEMBER is here! Check out the main announcement as well as the ooc competition and a huge congratulations to Lixy for winning the Spotlight with Emilie Williams.

06.22 Activity Check is live! Save your characters!

06.20 New announcement regarding the end of on-site October. Read it Here.

male 30 female 32
pureblood 29 halfblood 18
muggleborn 8 squib 1
muggles 6 total: 62
NOVEMBER SPOTLIGHT

Emilie
Williams

PLOT
GUIDES
APPLICATION
DIRECTORY
CANON LIST
CHARACTER REQUESTS
ADVERTISING
SITE CREDITS

Add Reply
New Poll

stand up!, porpentina scamander | 49 | auror
porpentina e. scamander
 Posted: Nov 14 2017, 02:09 AM
porpentina e. scamander
- - N/A

NO NIGHT LASTS FOREVER tina 49 years old auror halfblood thunderbird Not so reluctant magizoologist about Porpentina Scamander (nee Goldstein) is an American born witch. Although, if she counts you as friend or family she's better known as Tina In Ilvermorny she was part of the Thunderbird house to some confusion, but considering her life today she doesn't really count it as a mistake.Her parents died of dragon pox before she reached school age leaving her and her sister, Queenie, orphans. After this the two girls took to caring for and raising each other. In their early adult years Queenie was the homemaker while Tina was the breadwinner. It worked for them. However, due to forcing herself to grow up too fast and her reserved nature Tina remains a little bit emotionally stunted and socially awkward.Tina is easily described as earnest, humble, honest, simple, no-nonsense, and kind. She's a woman who will get to the point of the matter quickly and gives straight-forward answers. Likewise, she's expectant of it of others too. In the workplacee she holds in a lot, but in personal relationships she holds her heart more on her sleeve.Although in many ways she's matured from her younger years there is one thing she still has difficulty with: Regardless of personal consequences if she sees someone in trouble she has to help them. It's made her lose her position as an Auror once before, but it's something she can't help about herself. First and foremost she is driven to help those in need even if it's not beneficial to her.Originally an Auror with MACUSA she found her way to England for two reasons: The less permanent one being the war with Grindelwald. The more permanent, and reason she stays, is due to the fact that she married Newt Scamander. Since then she's traveled a lot with her husband and over the years has grown to know a lot about the creatures that wind up in their care. In many ways she knows almost as much as her husband and cares for them almost as deeply, but you won't hear her saying that lest she be teased.She hasn't settled down yet and between Auror work and wrangling creatures with her husband as well as a son (now older) she still has plenty of life left.LOVES This one is unnecessary! She is very happily married to Newt and doesn't see any reason to change that, thank you very much.FRIEND So Tina has always been a private person. In a few ways she has difficulties with people, especially letting them. However, she does care about people and is kind and looks out for co-workers and those she meets (unless given a reason not to be). She can come of serious and hard because that's just who she is, but anyone who knows her for sometime will likely get she's not meaning anything personal.That said I would love co-workers to chat with either in the Auror department or elsewhere! I'd also love to see people she actually considers friends and is able to relax around. Given she's likely one of the older Aurors on site around any mentorish relationships is cute too!p>ENEMIES While in her personal life she keeps pretty much to herself enemies here might be sparse, however-- She is an Auror who's good at her job. In America she had arrested nearly everyone in a speakeasy and definitely carried it over to England. Especially given any involvements with Grindelwald, she likely has plenty of people who dislike or hate her because of it! There are also likely people she doesn't necessarily get along with, such as those who perform their job recklessly without good reason but she's not really a judgmental sort in that way either. BY MITZI@import url('https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Karla:400,400i,700,700i'); .hospice h1, .hospice h2, .hospice { border-color: #ACCENT!important; color: #ACCENT!important; } .hospice { width: 400px; padding: 5px; color: #222; background: #fff; border: solid 25px #87204c; } .hospice h1 { font: bold italic 20px/20px karla; margin-top: 20; letter-spacing: 5px; } .hospice h2 { font: bold 12px/12px karla; padding-bottom: 5px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; border-bottom: solid 1px; } .hospice .left { width: 120px; border-right: solid 1px #F2F2F2; text-align: center; padding: 10px 25px; } .hospice .left img { width: 100px; height: 100px; margin; auto; border: solid 1px #DADADA; padding: 10px; } .hospice .left ul { list-style: none; margin: 10px auto; padding: 0; } .hospice .left li { font: 8px/8px karla; color: #222!important; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px; border-bottom: solid 1px #DADADA; padding: 10px 5px; width: 110px; } .hospice .left li b { font: bold 10px/10px karla; letter-spacing: 0; } .hospice .body { font: 11px/16px times; text-align: justify; margin: 20px; padding-right: 10px; height: 340px; overflow: auto; } CLICK HERE TO SELECT ALL
^
natalie e. moore
 Posted: Nov 14 2017, 02:07 PM
natalie e. moore
female
halfblood
SHIPPER
REQUEST
TRACKER
DEVELOPMENT
Heterosexual
single
orli
she/her - central - Offline

Natalie and Tina

So we talked on Discord already, but I like to use these too. Makes it feel more ~official in my book XD

Natalie is also an American born Auror in the English DMLE, and would have grown up hearing about the events of New York, 1926. Which means Natalie would have died when she found out that Tina GoldsteinScamander was an Auror with the Ministry when she joined from Hogwarts. There was probably a year or two where Nat kinda followed Tina around, trying to get her to talk - not necessarily about what happened, but just in general - or bothered her for advice? And obviously Tina wasn't terribly talkative, so Nat did take it personally at first. That's why she tried Plan B and started leaving baked goods on her desk occasionally. Nat always has something at her own desk for people to take, but she would have gifted something to Tina specifically as a way to grease the wheels, so to speak.

Now Nat knows that Tina just isn't really comfortable talking to people if it's not work related, or pertaining to her husband.

I'd really love it if they bonded (as much as Tina can) over the fact that they're 'the Americans'. Plus there's Natalie's love and interest in magizoology, so if nothing else, they could have started out by talking about Newt and his creatures. I have a feeling Natalie fangirled pretty hard the first time she met him too.

I just really want them to be friends <3

PM
^
april l. abbott
 Posted: Nov 14 2017, 02:30 PM
april l. abbott
female
pureblood
SHIPPER
REQUEST
TRACKER
DEVELOPMENT
Bisexual
divorced
Violet
she/her - EST - Offline

April & Tina

I’m going to go ahead and throw April out there for you as a possible good friend! At 35, April was one of the oldest characters on the site up until Tina came around, so they’ll probably be on the most level playing field as far as friends at, and maybe even outside of, work go.

April is the head of the Obliviator Office, which works pretty regularly with Magical Law Enforcement, as you might imagine. Once upon a time, her life goal was to become an Auror, but she went into training at the height of Grindelwald’s war, and couldn’t bare the thought of seeing so many friends and colleagues cut down. It wasn’t an easy time for the Obliviators, either, but she found that path to be far more rewarding.

April is a fairly outspoken blood-traitor, and her promotion was widely scrutinized for her age, the fact that she’s a single (divorced) woman, and a known blood-traitor. So really, she’s always happy to have friends where she can find them. She is a huge fan of all things muggle (although in a much more well-adjusted fashion than Arthur Weasley) - the fashion, the literature, the films, and the science are all fascinating to her. She’s just a fun duck to be around.

If you’re interested, they could always pop out for a drink after work, or Tina would be welcome to join April for dinner (perhaps while Newt’s away). April and Tina, buddy-cops. Kidding. Mostly.

Theo & Tina

Theo is an Auror, and a muggleborn. He is quite like Tina in his inability to turn his back on someone in need, and in his expectation that people be serious and honest in their interactions, particularly at work. However, he’s grown to be a pretty charming man as he’s gotten older, so he does tease and joke and flirt a bit just to take the edge off when things need to be lightened up a bit.

He has a son that he’s kept apart from the wizarding world for the past five years, due to concerns with the boy’s maternal family. This paranoia is exacerbated by the fact that he was a bit of a hot-shot in the last several years of Grindelwald’s reign. He saw a lot of horrible people doing a lot of terrible things, and he lost a lot of good friends to that particular war. I’m sure that he would admire Tina and her husband for having actually faced the Dark Lord himself, and would always love to commiserate and just discuss their respective experiences and how that all translates to recent events. We’ll see them together in the Birthday thread, and can go from there!

Cedrella & Tina

Cedrella is a healer, so there may be something there.

Ced has kind of lost her mother, for all intents and purposes - she was blasted off of the family tree when she chose to end a high-profile betrothal in order to marry a blood-traitor. So there are definitely times when she would benefit from having someone who’s seen it all before, and Tina could be especially great in that capacity because her son is already grown. Not sure how they would have met, necessarily - perhaps they live in the same town, or one of the Scamanders spent a bit of time in the Spell Damage ward at some point in the last 5-7 years?

My hope would be for them to have a mutually positive relationship, with trust and the ability to confide in each other, especially for Ced. Shit is starting to go down at St. Mungo’s (the event is live now), and she could definitely benefit from having someone with experience dealing with the Dark Arts, who can reassure her and help her navigate this weirdness, while being a new mum.

Ignatius & Tina

Well, he’s working against the new Dark Lord, but no one knows that yet. With their age difference, and the fact that Ig has worked abroad as a Curse Breaker since he left Hogwarts, it’s unlikely that they’ll have excessive overlap in any real capacity. His parents did just die, so perhaps she could be investigating anything suspicious about their passing or something like that?

Cillian & Tina

Cillian is a muggle, a (sort of former) doctor, and a werewolf. I suppose that the wolf-ness could come up in some capacity with her and Newt at some point in the future? He’s only recently gotten a name for his ‘condition’, despite having been effected for over nine years, and at the same time learned about magic, and the wizarding world, and the Ministry. It’s a rough time and he’s feeling a little suspicious of sorcery in general - a friendly face could be a good thing for him.

The Dark Lord & Tina

She wouldn’t know him - yet. She could, perhaps, interact with him in some capacity as it relates to his job as DADA Professor at Hogwarts, since he does have to teach the younger generation about the Dark Arts in order to teach them how to defend themselves against them. He’s got a Lupin-esque style, and is pretty hands-on, so some potential there if you ever want her to just meet the man who is becoming the greatest dark wizard of his time.

PM
^
gabrielle h. thompson
 Posted: Dec 4 2017, 10:42 AM
gabrielle h. thompson
- - N/A

Gabrielle & Tina

I would honestly love for these two to be friends! Gabrielle is a young mother who is virtually on her own at this point, and desperately needs some friends now that she’s back in London. Given Tina’s background, she would know how to interact with muggles, so I’m sure she’d be able to switch around to interacting with Gabrielle, who has no knowledge of the magical world. Bonus fun, Gabrielle’s ex-husband is a werewolf, which could potentially come up a bit further down the line! @porpentina e. scamander

^
morrigan a. lupin
 Posted: Dec 20 2017, 11:21 PM
morrigan a. lupin
female
halfblood
SHIPPER
REQUEST
TRACKER
DEVELOPMENT
Bisexual
forever alone
Megs
she/her - pacific - Offline

Morri & Tina

Morrigan has had an entire revamp and rewriting. Same person, essentially, but with some key differences.

So. I would really like Tina to kind of adopt Morrigan. Not literally, because she's like 23, but in a figurative way. Morri's mom was really into Magical Creatures. She worked for the Ministry but was more of an activist than working to control them. She died while attempting to observe werewolf behavior during a full moon. Was also the disgrace of the family.

ANYWAY. I think it would be fun and emotional to have Morrigan slip into the Scamanders' worlds. I think Newt and Tina would remind her a lot of her mom and she'd want to cling to it but also shove it away because it's a bit painful. Also, Tina is a really strong witch and does what she believes is right and that's the kind of person Morri wants to be.

Sooo if you like these ideas let me know! And we can thread them or ...idk! Something!

PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates

RPG-D Relashio! GODS AMONG MEN
A marvel infinity war rp
Infinite Dreams
SKINNED BY Vanessa of SHINE and CAUTION
HIDE CBOX