Gods & Monsters -> SCAMANDER, Newton A. F.
Gods and
Monsters

September 1950. Warm, but cooling off. Full moon: 26th.

Welcome to Gods and Monsters! We are an au-Riddle Era roleplay with no word count and a short, freeform application.
01.20 Sign-Ups for the FALL EQUINOX EVENT are now open until the 28th!

01.17 Read the announcement about the upcoming event!

01.16 check out the September Transitioning announcement for a break down of what is coming soon to the site! Also don't forget to post in the most recent activity check!

01.15 The Ministry of Magic has released an official list of registered werewolves via The Daily Prophet. All names on the list are now public knowledge to the wizarding community.

01.14 BEATRIX NOTT AND TOM RIDDLE THE NEXT HOT ITEM??

01.13 check out the most recent announcement regarding month changes and so on!

male 18 female 20
pureblood 20 halfblood 8
muggleborn 5 squib 0
muggles 5 total: 38
JULY SPOTLIGHT

Tina
Scamander

PLOT
GUIDES
APPLICATION
DIRECTORY
CANON LIST
CHARACTER REQUESTS
ADVERTISING
SITE CREDITS

Add Reply
New Poll

SCAMANDER, Newton A. F., fifty-three | magizoologist
newton a. f. scamander
 Posted: Jan 3 2018, 09:45 PM
newton a. f. scamander
male
pureblood
SHIPPER
REQUEST
TRACKER
DEVELOPMENT
Heterosexual
married
chiaki
he/him - gmt+12 - Offline

introducing the character
NEWT SCAMANDER
I wrestled long with my youth

We tried so hard to live in the truth

But do not tell me all is fine

When I lose my head, I lose my spine

hopeless wanderer - mumford and sons
newton artemis fido scamander
AGE 53
D.O.B 24th february 1897
SEXUALITY heterosexual
MARITAL STATUS married
BLOOD / SPECIES pureblood
WAND chestnut and unicorn hair, 12 inches
OCCUPATION magizoologist
ALUMNI hogwarts; hufflepuff house
ALLEGIANCE Ministry
eddie redmayne
It was silent, out here on the steps of his modest little workshop, and one could almost be forgiven for thinking they were really outside. Newt had spent many months, years ago, carefully crafting the space inside his briefcase, and it had been expanding ever since. Each habitat, with its walls that mimicked the outside world, reminded him of the starry sky above the Great Hall at Hogwarts that he’d so loved. He didn’t have the skill to do much more than a mediocre job, though, but perhaps no one ever would. Much of the magic performed by the founders, particularly to that scale, had since been lost to time.

Perched on his lap as he sat in his doorway was a small typewriter, clicking away as he typed. Every now and then, Newt reached over to check a rather battered notebook filled with scrawls and diagrams of the many wonderful creatures he’d encountered on his travels. As he sat there, writing, the sunlight began to fade, casting long shadows across the habitats and their occupants.

“Time for dinner soon,” he murmured, checking the parchment in front of him. “But I’m almost finished.”

Newt wasn’t in the habit of talking to himself, and sure enough, a faint squeaking could be heard as Pickett poked his head out of his coat pocket.

“Now really, Pickett, we’ve talked about this. I can’t feed you first. What would Charlie and Morty say?” Carefully pulling the parchment out of the typewriter, he scanned down the page, checking what he’d written. The rest of the manuscript sat beside him, several hundred pages of his life’s work all typed out.

“No, you know perfectly well I can’t put you in. Look, there’s going to be a picture,” he said, picking up his notebook again and flipping through it to show the Bowtruckle. “But I can’t caption it Pickett. Not every Bowtruckle is named Pickett.”

The creature in question seemed to give an indignant sort of squeak.

“You’re letting the attention get to your head. What if someone realised you live here with me? What if they tried to take you away?” Newt didn’t officially have any favourite creatures, though he thought some of his creatures might suspect that he did, and he knew Pickett talked about it as if he were.

Which, if Newt ever admitted it to himself, he was. One of, anyway. To lose Pickett would be almost unbearable, and he’d had a taste of it not that long ago.

Sighing, Newt began to type again on a fresh piece of parchment as Pickett burrowed away again. That had certainly been quite an adventure, and though he wasn’t all that keen on risking his creatures again, he was itching to see his friends.

They were, after all, the first friends he’d made in a long time that were actually human.

He pulled the final parchment out of the typewriter, yawning. This page was almost blank, but for a few lines:

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

By Newt Scamander

Ever since Tina had suggested it, the title had stuck. It seemed fitting, and it was far better than the working titles he’d been using. And perhaps Newt wanted a little nod to his adventures in New York. The whole fiasco had certainly sped up the writing process, anyway.

Smiling, he fixed the page to the front of his manuscript. Newt couldn’t remember ever finishing such a big project in his life — and he couldn’t remember ever feeling so proud.

“Let’s go, Pickett.”

chiaki
pm/discord he/him gmt+12
hey friendos it me, resident awkward hufflepuff boy with bad hair. am I secretly newt scamander? we'll never know.

here's a quickfire list of character traits: engineer, musician, half-japanese, queer and trans af, nerd.

I live in nz so I'll probably be busy when most people are active but hmu about newt because he's my fave and I love him.

THEONS @ SHINE
PM
^
newton a. f. scamander
 Posted: Jan 4 2018, 06:21 PM
newton a. f. scamander
male
pureblood
SHIPPER
REQUEST
TRACKER
DEVELOPMENT
Heterosexual
married
chiaki
he/him - gmt+12 - Offline

yo i'm done
PM
^
megs
 Posted: Jan 5 2018, 09:38 PM
megs
100+
female
Admin
SHIPPER
REQUEST
TRACKER
DEVELOPMENT
Confused
crazy cat lady
Megs
she/her - pacific - Offline

accepted!

Welcome to Gods & Monsters! Now that you've been accepted please remember to fill out all of your claims and profile information before you begin threading. If you have any questions or concerns please pm a staff member. Congratulations and we look forward to writing with you!
PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates

RPG-D Relashio!
mJrFSW.png Live and Let Die
SKINNED BY Vanessa of SHINE and CAUTION
HIDE CBOX