Gods & Monsters -> CHASER AFTER TRUTH
Gods and
Monsters

October 1950. Chilly and gloomy, rainy. Full moon: 25th.

Welcome to Gods and Monsters! We are an au-Riddle Era roleplay with no word count and a short, freeform application.
05.05 In honor of our one year anniversary, the Halloween event is live! Check out the main group thread and the quick guide to locations available for individual threads!

04.30 "Have you been invited to Druella Black's Birthday party at the Black Manor?" Everyone had been invited to her Gods and Monsters themed birthday party. Check out the event rules, the RSVP & costume registry, and the announcement!

04.12 Daily Prophet releases interview with Ministry employee regarding Werewolf Registry.

03.30Jobs claim has undergone revision. Check out the announcement here

03.18 It is officially October! Check out the ANNOUNCEMENT for all the details and important updates! Check out our current poll here.

03.15 First DAILY PROPHET article has been released after the werewolf incident in Hogsmeade!

03.10Congrats Di on your healthy 9 pound baby boy!!

male 30 female 32
pureblood 29 halfblood 18
muggleborn 8 squib 1
muggles 6 total: 62
OCTOBER SPOTLIGHT

Cillian
Kennedy

PLOT
GUIDES
APPLICATION
DIRECTORY
CANON LIST
CHARACTER REQUESTS
ADVERTISING
SITE CREDITS

Add Reply
New Poll

CHASER AFTER TRUTH, NEWT SCAMANDER | 53 | MAGIZOOLOGIST
newton a. f. scamander
 Posted: Jan 6 2018, 10:40 PM
newton a. f. scamander
male
pureblood
SHIPPER
REQUEST
TRACKER
DEVELOPMENT
Heterosexual
married
chiaki
he/him - gmt+12 - Offline

NEWT SCAMANDER

ABOUT

almost everyone who's anyone knows newt scamander for his best-selling guide fantastic beasts and where to find them, and although many people still think he's mad for trying to tame magical creatures instead of destroying them, his approach is certainly turning heads in the wizarding world. still, he's not one to bask in the fame - newt is still much the same awkward, yet kind-hearted soul he was before becoming a household name.

newt is an atypical wizard in almost every sense of the word. he prefers the company of creatures (except perhaps tina, though that's a rather difficult choice to make). he prefers not to jump right into the thick of all the fighting and duelling unless he absolutely has to. he also isn't afraid to show his emotions - in other words, he's never fit into a traditionally masculine role, and it doesn't bother him in the slightest.

as a magizoologist, most of his days are spent in search of new creatures, or taking care of the ones he has, and although he technically works in the department for the regulation and control of magical creatures, you'll hardly ever find him in his office there. though one occasionally does find a rather battered old briefcase lying on the ground.

above all, though, newt is a dedicated family man, devoted to his wife (though her being an auror causes him a significant amount of stress at times), their children, and the numerous household pets he brings home. he likes to think tina doesn't mind.

FRIENDS

newt's not the easiest person to make friends with, not because he isn't a nice person, but because people are significantly more difficult for him to interact with than creatures. that said, if you're kind and show some interest in his work, he'll very easily take a liking to you.

LOVERS

newt scamander is well and truly taken by tina and plans to live with her and at least three kneazles well into their old age. sorry.

ENEMIES

if you know what he wants, newt isn't particularly difficult to manipulate, even though he distrusts most people upon meeting them. however, he openly despises those who treat muggles as beneath them, much as he despises those who think creatures are beneath them. and he's not afraid to say so, even if it gets him into trouble quite often.

anything else? let me know!

PM
^
adonis t. flint
 Posted: Jan 7 2018, 06:41 PM
adonis t. flint
male
pureblood
SHIPPER
REQUEST
TRACKER
DEVELOPMENT
Demisexual
single
isabella
she/her - central - Offline

Hey there! This is Bayla (Bay for short, but Newt can call her Bayla). She is the adopted daughter of Newt and Tina from when she was ten years old. She has a love for animals because of Newt and sees him as a father figure. She fights against the werewolf registry and volunteers at a creature/beasts safe place. I'm open to threading them or talking on discord for ideas! Any more info about her can be found on her shipper or in her application, but I'm happy to talk about her one on one!
PM
^
natalie e. moore
 Posted: Jan 9 2018, 11:29 PM
natalie e. moore
female
halfblood
SHIPPER
REQUEST
TRACKER
DEVELOPMENT
Heterosexual
single
orli
she/her - central - Offline

Natalie and Newt

Gosh I love Newt! Welcome to G&M!

Okay, so this is Natalie. She's a Hufflpuff alum, an Auror, and a huge fan of Newt and his work! I think she had a mini-freakout when she joined the DMLE and met Tina - who's a rockstar in her own right - who was probably the one who informed her that Newt does have an office, even if he rarely uses it.

When Natalie considered her career options in school, she seriously considered dropping out to help the Muggle war effort. Thankfully her best friend had the sense to talk her out of that. Becoming an Auror was her top choice, although going into magizoology was top among her backup plans since she has always loved critters, magical or not.

So I think for the first year or so that Natalie was in training (and dealing with the fact that she couldn't tell if Tina liked her or not) she probably found excuses to get away and sneak up to Newt's office to see if he was there. And I think it would have taken a few tries for her to gather the courage to actually attempt to talk to him - but eventually she would have shown up with a plate of homemade goodies for him in exchange for a chat.

Natalie obviously grew up hearing about the incident in NYC (and his accidental involvement in Dumbledore's defeat of Grindlewald later on) but that wouldn't be something she would have brought up, initially. She would have asked him things about his travels, and the creatures themselves - especially Frank! (Her wand has a Thunderbird feather as its core)

Let me know what you think!
PM
^
oliver a. macdougall
 Posted: Jan 11 2018, 01:38 PM
oliver a. macdougall
male
halfblood
SHIPPER
REQUEST
TRACKER
DEVELOPMENT
Heterosexual
single
Lanabanana
she/her - CET - Offline

NEWT & OLIVER

Newt <3

Welcome to the site, Chiaki! I do not have an epic plot up my sleeve, I'm afraid, but I do have Oliver. He's a former Hufflepuff and now a member of the Wizengamot. He's quite passionate about Beasts' and Beings' rights, and it occurred to me that he'd probably be very much inspired by Newt's work. After all, Newt is pretty much in the vanguard of that fight, and Oliver would definitely look up to him.
Recently, Oliver has been quite vocal in his critique of the new Werewolf Registry; I imagine that Newt would be somewhat skeptical as well, and perhaps that would have been a reason for them to get together and talk? If I'm wrong, and he's actually backing the law, you can disregard that, of course!

Let me know what you think <3
PM
^
ignatius c. prewett
 Posted: Jan 25 2018, 04:24 PM
ignatius c. prewett
male
pureblood
SHIPPER
REQUEST
TRACKER
DEVELOPMENT
Heterosexual
married
Violet
she/her/hers - EST - Offline

The Dark Lord & Newt

Well, Newt’s already arrested one Dark Lord, so I can’t imagine that Tom will be taking any significant steps to bump into him any time soon. If Newt has an ongoing relationship with Albus Dumbledore, he would be bumped even further down the list of people that Tom wants to see. Of course, should they meet, Tom would be less than thrilled - he’s not a fan of creatures, magical or otherwise, and would find Newt’s entire career to be a waste of one’s time and energy.

That said, given that Newt’s wife and daughter are Aurors, these two may be destined to clash in the future, if only in principle.

April & Newt

April works as the Head Obliviator for the Ministry, and would be the most likely of all of mine to know both Newt and Tina. And she would absolutely adore them, and have the utmost respect for them, and she would be more than happy to have them over to dinner or drinks whenever they can all find the time. She likes creatures, though she doesn’t keep them (because she’s a workaholic), and she would honestly love to just sit and listen to their stories.

Cedrella & Newt

Cedrella would probably admire Newt and his work ethic, and would be interested in his creatures should the topic ever come about. She works as a healer for St. Mungo’s, so I suppose there’s a chance that the two of them could meet there?

Ignatius & Newt

Ig is a Curse Breaker for Gringott’s, and recently shared a drink with Tina in Hogsmeade. I rather love the idea of Ig and Newt crossing paths around the world - Ig on assignment, and Newt looking for (or looking out for) magical creatures. Ig isn’t the most social or friendly person either, but perhaps they could have, over time, developed a sort of running commentary on what’s new and where certain creatures ended up, and how specific jobs went? It would be light, and work-oriented, but kind of funny if they kept bumping into each other in the last place either would expect.

Theo & Newt

Theo loves the Scamanders - he is an Auror and works with Tina and Bayla. He has the utmost respect for all of them, and really just adores them and enjoys spending time with them.

Muggles & Newt

Cillian is a werewolf. Gabrielle’s ex-husband is a werewolf. If Newt has any interest in werewolves, hit me up!

@newton a. f. scamander
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Affiliates

RPG-D Relashio! Break the Wheel: a Season 8 GOT AU
GODS AMONG MEN A marvel infinity war rp
SKINNED BY Vanessa of SHINE and CAUTION
HIDE CBOX